Want to know how to livestream on Instagram? Instagram livestream is a great way to connect with your followers. Livestreaming allows your followers to get a behind the scenes look at what you are currently doing. This feature can make a positive impact on your followers, which is why you should know show to livestream on Instagram.
Since the livestreaming feature launched in late 2016, It has been proven that users really like watching their favorite accounts go live.
In fact, according to livestream.com, 82% of users prefer seeing live videos rather than social media posts.
Want to join in on this popular Instagram trend? Keep reading to learn how to livestream on Instagram.
What is Instagram Livestream?
Instagram livestream is a feature that allows you to go live and interact with your followers. To view other user’s livestreams, that can be found where stories are.
If an account is currently live, there will be a “live” logo under their name. It will appear like a story, but if you tap on it you will be entered into the livestream.
Once you’ve entered a livestream, the livestreamer will get a notification that you’ve joined. Now, you can sit back and watch the stream, or you can comment and even request to go live with the livestreamer.
Posting pictures, videos, and stories on Instagram are all ways to connect with others. Livestreams are just another way to get to know your followers. However, livestreaming is super effective because it gives viewers an unedited, real time look at who is behind the account. And when you livestream, you are given the opportunity to receive feedback and opinions in real time.
There are many livestreaming websites for anyone to use. However, Instagram is one of the best platforms to use livestreaming because a notification gets send to all of your followers as soon as you go live. Even better, you can livestream for up to one hour!
More about Instagram stories: How To Use Instagram Stories To Build Your Brand
How to start your own livestream
Want to know how to livestream on Instagram? You’ve come to the right place. Simply follow these 4 easy steps below.
- First, open the Instagram app.
- Slide your screen to the left, just as if you were going to make a story post. Your camera will appear
- You will see different options at the bottom of the screen. Slide to the option that says “live”
- Next, simply tap the white “go live” button, and your live!
Lets go over some of the options you can use before going live. The smiley face icon at the bottom right part of the screen is for filters. This allows you to add silly face filters or effects to your livestream.
To the right of the smiley face icon is icon with two arrows. This icon allows you to flip the screen.
The question mark with two cards icon located on the bottom left part of the screen is where you can answer questions posted from stories.
And lastly, the icon at the top left corner is the settings icon. Here, you can change options such as hiding your live video from certain people, allowing comments and sharing, and being able to archive your video for later.
- Tip: Instagram helps you out by sending a notification out to your followers to let them all know that you are live!
How to livestream on Instagram with another user
A really fun way to take your livestream to the next level is by going live with another user. This user could be a friend you already know, or even a random follower that you want to meet. But how does it work?
When you are live, anyone watching has the option to request to go live with you. While most people only accept requests from people they know, you do have the option to go live with a stranger.
Once you’ve accepted the request, the screens will split and you’ll be sharing the screen with the other user. Both you and the other user have the ability to exit the livestream.
You can also choose someone to go live with you by tapping on the icon with two smiley faces at the bottom of the screen. Next, you see a list of people that you can ask to go live with.
Sharing the screen with someone is a great idea when you’re live and don’t know what to do. It can be a really fun way to get to know your followers.
Check out this article: Instagram Poll: Use Feedback and Reactions to Boost Your Engagement
Tips to your own successful livestream
Now that you know all about how to livestream on Instagram, here are some tips to make your livestreams extra fun and effective!
- Announce when you are going live – You don’t always have to do this, but giving your followers a quick heads up about 30 minutes before the livestream is a good way to alert alert them. This can be done through a simple story post. This may cause more viewers when you do go live.
- Invite other users to go live with you. This is one of the best ways to connect one on one with your followers. Doing this will make that follower feel special and it’s also really fun!
- Reply to comments live. as comments come in on your livestream, don’t ignore them! Livestreaming is all about connecting with your followers, so this is your time to hear what people have to say and respond.
- Communicate with followers. Along with responding to comments, ask your viewers questions back! This is a great way to communicate and interact with them.
- Do something relevant to your account. For example, an art account could do a live drawing video. A makeup account could do a makeup tutorial video. Also, a business account could talk about the ins and outs of the business and maybe even show new products.
- When you are done with your livestream, save it to your story. Now, followers that didn’t catch your livestream will be able to watch the stream up to 24 hours later.
What will you livestream?
Knowing how to livestream effectively on Instagram is a great skill to have if you want your followers to feel connected with you. This Instagram trend is popular among well-known influencers for that very reason.
It’s clear that viewers really like watching live videos on Instagram. Now that you know how to livestream on Instagram, what will your first livestream be about?
Check out this article next: Tips and Tricks To Master Instagram Live