Looking for ways to download Instagram photos? There is no native way to do it but to use third-party software. But why would you want to download Instagram photos?
Okay, maybe you accidentally deleted an Instagram photo from your phone’s photo gallery and the only copy you have is on Instagram. Unless you have friends who have a copy of that same photo whom you could ask from, there is no other way to get it back.
Or maybe you see a photo you like on Instagram and you really want to have it. But the only way to have the photo is to ask directly from the owner of the photo or download it yourself.
While we do not recommend you to download Instagram photos of which you do not have permission to, we can suggest to you third-party software that work such as DownloadGram, Dinsta, InstaGet, and more.
With these software, you can download single and multiple photos under just 5 minutes.
How to Download Instagram Photos Using DownloadGram
DownloadGram is one of the best platforms out there for downloading Instagram photos. It does not require any software download, registration or login. You can choose to use it from your PC, or the web browser on your smartphone.
Follow these steps to get started with DownloadGram:
- Find the Instagram photo you wish to download. Tap the three-horizontal-line icon on the top right corner of the image, and select Copy Link.
- Go to DownloadGram’s website and paste (long press until you see the word Paste) the link of the Instagram photo you wish to download into the site’s text box.
- Tap on Download, followed by Download image. The image will appear in your photo gallery once it has been successfully downloaded.
💡 Related Post: How to post on Instagram from a computer
How to Download Instagram Photos with Dinsta
Another website similar to DownloadGram that you can use is Dinsta. To use it, all you have to do is visit the website and insert the Instagram image link into the URL field provided. Then, click on the red Go button. That’s it.
If you are downloading from your PC, copy the image link shown on your web browser. But if you are downloading from the Instagram app, copy the image link from the three-vertical-line icon at the top right corner of the screen.
You will see a big Download button. Just click on it to save the image, or right-click on the image and click on Save image as.
The downside of this website is that it may lead users to another website, which is not guaranteed to be safe. Use it at your own risk.
💡 Related Post: 5 of the best Instagram downloader tools
How to Download Instagram Photos Using FastSave for Instagram
Another way to download Instagram photos is by using FastSave for Instagram. Unlike DownloadGram, FastSave for Instagram will require you to download the app to your device. The app is available on Google Play.
Once you have downloaded the app, follow these steps to start downloading the image of your choice:
- Launch the app and select the FastSave Service feature.
- Tap on Open Instagram.
- Find the photo you wish to download and tap on the three-horizontal-dot icon at the top right corner of the screen. Select Copy Link and the app will automatically download the image for you.
- You can view your image on the FastSave for Instagram app by simply clicking on My Downloads, or in the photo gallery of your phone.
With FastSave for Instagram, you might not be able to download multiple photos at once, but it is definitely faster than DownloadGram. So if you plan to download more than one photo from Instagram, you can rest assured that your downloads are going to be easy and quick.
Alternatively, you can use Gramsave, which is similar to DownloadGram and Dinsta, and is excellent for downloading multiple photos at once. SwiftSafe (available on Play Store) is also an excellent option.
💡 Related Post: How to crop photos on Instagram
How to Download Instagram Photos Using Save-o-gram
Use Save-o-gram if you want to download multiple Instagram photos from your PC at the same time. To use it, you will need to download the software from the Save-o-gram official website.
Here are the steps:
- Download the software and open it once it is ready.
- Enter your username, hashtag, or a link into the text box provided.
- Then, select the photos you want to download. Click on Download selected photos or Download as ZIP file. To save time, you can also select all of the photos at once.
Bear in mind that you can freely use the software for seven days only. After the free-trial period, you will need to do a one-time payment of $9 in order to use it for good. That is not really a bad deal.
But if you are not willing to fork out $9 from your pocket, then download as many photos as you need to before the free-trial expires. Or you can use the next app on our list.
How to Download Instagram Photos Using Video Downloader for Instagram
Another great app you can use to download Instagram photos from your phone is the Video Downloader for Instagram app. Despite its name, the app does not just download Instagram videos but also images. The app is available for download on Play Store.
Here’s how to use it:
- Go to Play Store and download the app.
- Once downloaded, launch the app. You will see a URL field where you can paste the link of the Instagram image you wish to download. Make sure you already have the link of the photo you want to download.
- Paste the URL on the URL field. It takes less than 5 seconds for the photo to download. The photo will appear on the photo gallery of your smartphone. You can find the photo in a folder called InstaDownload.
The app enables you to copy the photo’s hashtags, even the whole content. There is also a pink share button (for share, repost and download image) on the right bottom corner of the photo. You can also view your download history by clicking on History located just above the URL field.
💡 Related Post: How to crop photos for Instagram
This app is possibly the best third-party app for downloading Instagram photos. It offers instant download for both photos and videos. Most importantly, it is free!
How to Download Instagram Photos on iPhone with InstaGet
To use InstaGet, visit App Store and search for the app. Download it. Once you have downloaded the app, follow these steps to get started:
- Launch the InstaGet app and log into your Instagram account.
- Tap on the three-horizontal-line at the top left corner of the screen and hit Search. Then, find the image you wish to download.
- Once you find the image you are looking for, tap on the download arrow.
Alternatively, You Can Screenshot Instagram Photos and Crop Them Later
That’s right. This is perhaps the most straightforward solution, as long as your smartphone can take screenshots.
Depending on phone model, most smartphones today allow its users to do screenshots with just a simple swipe on the screen.
So if you are using an OPPO A7, you can simply swipe down the screen using three fingers to screenshot The screenshot will appear on your device’s photo gallery under the Screenshot folder.
Open the folder and find the screenshot. You can edit the photo straight from your phone using your phone’s in-app photo editor. Crop the screenshot anyhow you like and click on Save.
If You Want to Download Your Old Instagram Photos, You Can Ask Instagram to Help You Retrieve Them on Its Servers
Yes, you can. This is not for you if you want to download other people’s photos, obviously.
If you choose to go for this method, you will get more than just photos. Instagram will give you your Instagram content, such as photos, videos, comments, likes, and other data on the Instagram’s servers.
This is a preferred method for individuals who have lost all of their Instagram photos and videos, or those who wish to delete their Instagram accounts for good.
Here’s how you do it:
- Visit the Instagram’s Data Download tool page.
- Enter your email address and password.
- Wait for Instagram to gather up all your data. This could take up to 48 hours.
So sit tight and wait for Instagram to get back to you with regards to your request. This method will require some extra patience.
Other than the software mentioned here, do you know any other well-rated software for downloading Instagram photos?