Instagram followers are one of the most valuable assets your business can have when it comes to creating organic growth.
Let’s take a look at the facts.
There are around 1 billion active users on Instagram every month, making the ‘Gram the second largest social media platform around. While Instagram might not be as big as Facebook, it could still be more lucrative to your business. Instagram users engage with brands 23% more than their FB counterparts.
If you’re new to social media marketing, more engagement = more conversions.
So, if your connections on Instagram are the key to a more successful business, that leaves one crucial question to ask: How do you get more Instagram followers?
How to Get Instagram Followers Organically
Importantly, there is a difference between getting authentic Instagram followers and paying for likes from an IG bot.
When you buy your Instagram followers, you get nothing but numbers. Sure, your follower count looks excellent at a glance, but you’re not going to get any of that all-important engagement we mentioned earlier.
On the other hand, when you get more Instagram followers organically, you get people who are genuinely interested in your brand, products, services or company. In simple terms, authentic followers beat the bots hands-down.
Here are our top tips for increasing your Instagram followers organically.
1. Gain Followers Instantly with Upleap
Most of the time, if you want to get Instagram followers, then you need to commit to a long and arduous process of planning, posting, and optimizing your campaigns. However, for people (and companies) that need to get results fast, there is an alternative solution.
Upleap gives Instagram users a way to build their following rapidly. All you need to do is sign up for your free trial, and our helpful team will get in touch to guide you through the set-up process. Once you’ve answered a few questions about your social media goals, we’ll give you an account manager that’s dedicated to helping your account thrive, whether you have 3 followers, or 3,000.
With Upleap, you get all of the organic, safe, and proven methods for building your follower count delivered in a neat package. Our managers handle the hard work, so you can focus on other parts of growing your business. It’s that simple.
2. Have a Strategy
There’s a popular quote in the business world that’s relevant when it comes to gaining Instagram followers. It says that “failing to plan” means “planning to fail.”
Using any social network for marketing purposes without an effective plan in place leads to wasted resources, lower ROI, and issues with engagement. Think of earning Instagram followers like going on a journey – if you don’t know where you’re headed, you don’t know what you need to do to reach your destination. To start your strategy, decide:
- What you want to accomplish: Do you want to increase brand awareness, boosts product sales, or drive extra traffic to your website?
- Who is your target audience: What kind of customers (or everyday fans) do you want to appeal to? What type of content do they want to see on your Instagram
- What kind of story you want to tell: Your unique Instagram aesthetic will tell a story about the type of brand you’re running. For instance, the Innocent Smoothies Instagram page tells the tale of a playful, friendly company:
2. Bring Followers from Other Platforms to Your Instagram Page
One of the easiest ways to get Instagram followers is to take advantage of the community you have on other social media channels. If people already love you on Twitter and Facebook, why not let them know that you’re rolling out the gold-star content on Instagram too?
Since Facebook owns Instagram, it’s particularly easy to link your IG account to your Facebook profile. Just go to your Instagram Settings, click on Linked Accounts, and tap on Facebook. Once you’ve connected your profiles, everything you share with your Instagram Followers will automatically appear on Facebook too!
3. Get Instagram Followers on the Explore Tab
When you aim to get more Instagram followers organically, and you don’t have an existing community elsewhere, one of the best places to set up your strategy is in the “Explore” tab. According to Instagram, the Explore tab is where users can find all the content they might like, from brands that they “don’t yet follow.”
Since about 100 million people visit the Explore tab every day, it’s a virtual mecca of potential Instagram followers for your profile. The question is how do you get your content to show up there? While there’s no one-size-fits-all strategy, the following tips can help:
- Pay attention to trends: Check out some of the #Trending topics on your own Explore page. This will show you what kind of content your audience might be interested in.
- Use hashtags: Never underestimate the power of hashtags to help you get Instagram followers. Tags help you to become more discoverable on Instagram, and make sure that you can connect with the right audience.
- Encourage engagement: The more engagement your content gets, the more likely Instagram is to feature you on the Explore page. With that in mind, do what you can to encourage likes and comments. Ask your customers questions, @mention people that appear in your photos and work regularly with influencers.
Check out Macy’s post asking their Instagram followers to comment about their favorite part of the Thanksgiving parade!
4. Steal your Competitor’s Instagram Followers
Just because you want to get Instagram followers that are organic, doesn’t mean that you need them to be brand-new, or belong exclusively to your brand. One of the easiest ways to find and earn a bigger following is to check out who is following your closest competitors online. These people have already proven that they’re interested in your industry, so go ahead and #steal them.
The best way to steal Instagram followers is with engagement. Show the people currently supporting your competitors that you can give them a better experience. Go onto some of your competitor’s most popular posts and engage with the followers you find there by liking their photos, commenting on their content, and even following them.
Engagement is a time-consuming way to get more Instagram followers, but it’s also something that’s proven to work.
Pro tip: Spend extra time cultivating relationships with industry influencers. Focus on writing engaging comments on influencer posts, so that they’re more likely to work with your brand later down the line.
5. Move Beyond the Feed with New Types of Content
Sharing photos regularly on Instagram is an important practice when you want to get more Instagram followers. However, it’s worth remembering that there’s more to Instagram than just the standard feed. Instagram Stories, live video and even new updates like IGTV are a great way to engage your potential audience with multiple content options. Here are some of the ways you can go beyond the feed:
- Host Q&A sessions on Instagram Live to answer crucial customer questions or show people what happens behind the scenes in your organizations.
- Use Instagram stories to delight your Instagram followers with moving slideshows, videos, and even polls. You can also use Instagram Stories to reveal temporary discount codes and exclusive material to your IG audience.
- Show your Instagram followers that you’re ahead of the curve with IGTV. Instagram TV is the latest content format on the social channel, and a great way to demonstrate your video prowess. Just look at how the FoodNetwork offers their audience extra information through an education IGTV post:
6. Get Help with Your Instagram Activity
According to Foundr, a company with a strong Instagram following, the more you post on Instagram, the more likely your account is to grow. Unfortunately, finding the time to post on Instagram every day can be easier said than done, particularly when you’ve got countless other business tasks to attend to.
Your Instagram Insights page will show you how often you need to publish on Instagram each day to get the most engagement. By testing different numbers of post each day, you can see which days give you the best results in terms of likes, comments, and new follower growth.
Once you’ve discovered how frequently you need to post on Instagram, and which times of day are best for engagement, why not get a little help managing your Instagram activity? With Upleap, you’ll receive a dedicated account manager who can deal with the more complex parts of growing your Instagram presence for you, so you can focus on the parts of running your business you feel most comfortable with. Click here to start your free trial.
Anyone Can Get More Instagram Followers
Maintaining a successful Instagram account is hard work.
There’s a lot to do to make sure that you’re continually attracting new Instagram followers, and keeping your existing fans satisfied at the same time. However, with the right strategy, virtually anyone can be successful on Instagram.
With the tips above and a little help from your Upleap account manager, you can be on your way to #InstaFame in no time.
💡 Related Post: Instagram Cheatsheet